Foot and Ankle Pain
Physical therapists (PTs) are experts in the art and science of the evaluation and treatment of human movement dysfunctions. We care for people of all ages and treat a variety of muscle, joint and neurological conditions.
Conditions we have successfully treated:
- Ankle Pain
- Shin Splints
- Ankle Sprains
- Plantar Fasciitis
- Achilles Tendonitis
- Excessive Pronation
- Post Surgical Conditions
- Tibialis Posterior Tendonitis
What are my treatment options?
- Corticosteroid Injections
- Physical Therapy*
Advantages of Physical Therapy:
- No side effects.
- Supported by clinical research*.
- Customized to treat the underlying cause.
Your Recovery Process:
- Pain Relief
- Recovery of Mobility or Stability
- Increased Strength
- Recovery of Walking and Functional Skills
- Independent Care
Components of Your Care:
- A thorough biomechanical evaluation.
- Extensive patient education.
- A customized treatment plan.
- Gentle hands-on techniques to relax the muscles.
- Effective joint mobilization techniques to decrease stiffness.
- Pain relieving modalities such as ice, heat, ultrasound or electrical stimulation.
- Targeted stretching for tight muscles.
- Walking retraining.
- Balance exercises.
- Shoe inserts (orthotic recommendations).
* Cited from the academic journal, JBJS (American). 2006;88; Am J Sports Med 1998 May; 26(3).